Saturday, October 23, 2010

Symplicity



It has to be said that my favorite days in the city are the weekends. Now this goes without saying, but the weekends in New York are full of excitement, energy, spending way too much money, and making memories for myself that will forever be, my early days in NY!!! 

Saturdays; Starting the day with a 10am-12pm wake up call (depending on the level of fun with Friday night activities), a pot of coffee continuously brewing between the roommates, the classic breakfast of a cup of yogurt or fried eggs, and then returning to the bed, only to spend the next couple of hours completing necessary house work: paying bills, blogging, self-reflection in comparison to other's lives via the Facebook newsfeed, and the small injections of caffeine as I simultaneously pump the coffee into my bloodstream.  

Sundays: Usually start with an earlier wake up than on Saturday followed by am coffee.  The best part of Sunday though is BRUNCH.  It's known throughout the city that brunch is the New Yorker's church.  :)  Last weekend I brunched solo and I have to say it was one of the most interesting experiences in NY, thus far.  I took out my agenda book and started journaling while sitting in a back garden at Life cafe` drinking my bloody mary and coffee.  After enjoying an amazing Green Goddess omelet: Eggs, avocado, goat cheese, rosemary, and pesto...I started to engage in the conversation of the other soloists in the garden.  Through lots of coffee and conversation I ended up meeting a struggling comedian, who I am not entirely sure if he was actually interested in what I had to say or if he was just using the situation for his next act.  However, despite the company and the fact I was dining alone, it was a very blissful brunch.  

I am excited for tomorrow's brunch though because it is Nicola's birthday's and we will be celebrating that while sipping on our bloody marys and mimosas! Perhaps tomorrow I will get the french toast that I have been desiring for the past 3 weeks.  :)

xoxo


No comments: