Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Weekend Update

Photo courtesy of: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/02/dining/reviews/02rest.html

Happy Saturday!!!

Today I'm headed into the city to try on some frames for the new glasses that I'm getting.  So excited to check out Warby Parker, the hip trendy Tom's Shoes-for-eyes store, that is located in Union Square.

I absolutely love the city on the weekends! I can't wait to move back to wake up and look out of my shoebox-of-an-apartment and see the hustle and bustle of the other Manhattanites running their weekend errands.

Last night I went to The Fat Radish with Kelly and had the opportunity to meet another one of her friends. With a trendy atmosphere and located in the Lower East Side/Chinatown, this was the perfect place for three single women to enjoy a beyond wonderful meal.

We started with the snatch egg and grilled cheese with pickles and then moved on to our entrees. Kelly had the cheesburger with bacon and duck fat chips, Nina had the monkfish with curry and bean chutney, and I had the wheat tabouleh with pomegranates and winter berries.  For dessert we finished off with Dark Chocolate Rum Bread Pudding in Caramel.  OH MY GOD!!!! I didn't think Heaven could come on a plate.  It seriously was one of the best desserts I've EVER had.

Tomorrow is Super Bowl 45!!! The Green Bay Packers vs. The Pittsburgh Steelers!  I think I'm going to have to root for Green Bay on this game for the sole fact that mostly everyone I know is either from WI already or is a HUGE  Packers fan.  So for my brother and best friends this one is for you guys! GOOO PACKERS! :)

I hope you all have a great weekend! Stay warm!

-Blair

No comments: