Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Weekend Update



Well Fall is FINALLY here!  I'm so excited to get outside and venture into the city on this beautiful, sunny, crisp day.  The weather says that it's supposed to rain later today, but hopefully that holds off.  

Yesterday morning I started to welcome in a nice head cold. Choosing my fate for the weekend. A good two days of rest and full of liquids.  
Today Purdue plays Notre Dame and I couldn't be more excited to watch the game.  I think my rest though is going to be interrupted with game-day festivities.  My friend Leigh and I are going to head uptown to our friend's apartment and watch the University of Illinois game and then continue on to the Purdue game.  I couldn't be more excited.  It's the best that I can do to relive college on a homecoming (at Purdue) weekend!!!

Tomorrow is church and bible study.  We are currently studying the book of Colossians.  This study will continue on until Christmas when the Advent Season begins.  It's been extremely interesting to see how God is continuing to work through my life with this study.  

New York has been quite the experience thus far.  I recently celebrated my one-year anniversary in the city and my one-year anniversary with work, as well.  First off, it's crazy to think that I've been here a year and am still going strong.  I mean I have been able to continue to feed myself and not end up on the street...JOKE! 

Anyways, with all joking aside this year has been one of the hardest years of my life, but I guess that's what makes it so exhilarating.  I'm doing well and figuring things out.  Work is going well.  It too is hard to figure out what's next, but I'm realizing how strong I am and how much I could give up and come home, but I wouldn't be happy and that's not how I was raised.  I realize that this is part of life and this is only going to make me a stronger person.  With that being said, I'm off to get ready for game day!!! BOILER UP BABY!!!!!!!!!

xoxo
Blair

No comments: