Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back to the Classics



Recently, I have decided to try some new tactics in dealing with the stress that can come with real life.  A few are listed below:

1. Writing on the beach; just to put my feet into the sand and listen to the waves on the lake crash onto the shoreline....like the sea is taking a breath and each breath is so deep and intense.  I've found this is a place where my thoughts are so clear! I have been trying to find a balance between actual writing and blogging and going to the beach to journal has been a great escape. 

2. The classics; Okay, if any of you actually know me and how I grew up, you would not be surprised to know that the artists on my iPod range from Billie Holiday to Emminem.  As a way to relax and unwind from a stressful day I have found peace in listening to classic songs from the 1940s. Natalie Cole, Billie Holiday, Etta James, Frank Sinatra, the list goes on and on.  The simplicity of each song is so moving.  How pure and in love the artist is with the lyrics... Love back then was such a pure and fragile thing.  Men courted the women.  Walking past their doorstep just because they can't stop thinking about a girl....it was so sweet.  Romance wasn't jaded with technology.  All conversations had to be innocent as the family telephone was usually placed in a central location within the house and everyone would hear your words as you spoke to your love.  

3. A bath: I really forgot the beauty of drawing a bubbly bath every now and then.  In my new apartment I was given a great bathtub.  The other day I bought bath bubbles from Sabon.  The musk scent reminds me of a combination of a desirable men's fragrance and vanilla...a sweet and savory mix to unwind! Combined with the classics???? Pure bliss! 




No comments: