Monday, February 15, 2010

All You Need is Love


With the wonderful, annual arrival of February 14th, comes the celebratory Valentine's Day! In my opinion, having been single for the past 22 years, on this day, Valentine's Day has become overrated. After seeing my friends' updates say things such as: "Happy S.A.D...(Single's Awareness Day) Valentine's Day or Happy Valentine's Day to ME" I realized exactly how unnecessary this day is. However, unfortunately this day is actually built into the calendar, and will come every single year whether we want it to or not. So...rather than allowing yourself to feel miserable and alone, celebrate your singleness. You don't have anyone holding you down right now from any dreams or desires you may have. You don't have anyone you have to purchase unnecessary gifts for, and you don't have anyone you have to worry about who may disappoint you. Instead you can focus on what you want to do, who you want to love, and who you want to spend this "regular" day with. Be independent and enjoy taking some time for yourself. Open up and enjoy a good bottle of wine with some friends, start an activity that you have always wanted to do, but never actually did it, and when all else fails...GO SHOPPING and get a little RETAIL therapy! Don't wallow in what you don't have...as my mother continues to tell me, count your blessings and be thankful for what is already in front of you! With that being said...HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

For now...
take care, love Blair

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey girl, love the blog!! My friend is working for Tracey Reese now and I thought of you last week when I went to the store to say hello to her! Hope everything is going well and let me know if you need help in the networking department while you find a job. After being in 'the real world' for a while now, I know a lot of wholesale reps in NYC...shoes of course.

Good luck!