Monday, March 29, 2010

Times of Transition

I recently read a post by one of my favorites, about experiencing Paris, in New York City. Now for those who have been fortunate enough to experience this wonderful city, you know that it isn't hard to go to a different spot or location, may it be a cafe, a new boutique, or a single street, to experience a completely different culture. However, reading Kelly's post made me start thinking....a couple weeks ago, I was in Florida enjoying the beautiful sunshine and warm weather and it made me so happy, but now I'm back in Indiana, only to wake up to a sunny 35 degree, Monday morning. Not the ideal location to live in, but this is where I'm at in my stage of life. I have to make the best of it.

After moving back from New York City, last May, during the car ride home, I felt like I was being kidnapped and taken to a whole different world. I was then put in my hometown of Nappanee, IN for the summer, to lifeguard and work at a health club. I can definitely tell you this, after living in NYC for a year, working for Chanel & Tracy Reese, and going to one of the most prestigious fashion schools in the country, I felt a little demoted. However, once again I had to make the best of it.

Life is FULL of transitions and changes. That's what makes it interesting and exciting, wondering what will come next. So while I don't have control of my life and not knowing what to expect in the next few months ahead of me, I have tried to find certain things everyday that give me great joy.

So here is my recipe:
-2 cups of coffee before 11am (everyday)
-Continually reading the New York Times, to feel a part of that wonderful city
-A new fashion magazine every once and a while
-New music on my iPod: currently loving a Coldplay/Rhianna playlist
-Friends & Family to keep me grounded
-a good run on a sunny spring afternoon around campus!

Therefore, if you feel like you are "in transition" know you're not alone. Know that it will be okay and things will work out. You just have to have faith! Faith in yourself! So I'm leaving you with the famous words of Mr. Marley, "Don't worry, about a thing, cuz everylittle thing is gonna be alright!"

For now...
take care, love Blair

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Infamous means well known for a bad quality or deed. I don't think Bob Marley or his song lyrics are considered infamous. Just saying.

Breann said...

loved this post. first of all, i felt the exact same when i moved home after having the year and summer of my life in NYC. here, i feel like i'm going thru the motions, but you are right. we need to make the best of it and i believe we definitely have. second, i love your recipe. i am going to partake in that.

<3

Gabby said...

hurry up and graduate!!! can't wait to see you in the big city! :D