Monday, March 22, 2010

This Just In...



Everybody loves a juicy scandalous story every now an then. We all loved the Britney Spears comeback, there is Celebrity Rehab witDr. Drew for those who need it 24/7 on VH1, and I will never forget AW Fashion Week 2009 when my friend Katie came rushing into my room stating the controversy with Yigal Azrouel's show and the unexpected Ashley Dupre arrival, causing everyone to focus on her and not his collection. However, March 2010's news deals with Terry Richardson and his love for the younger models is definitely an interesting one.



According to one of my main news sources, for fashion, Fashionista.com, one of Richardson's former models Rie Rasmussen stated at the end of Paris fashion week, "He takes girls who are young, manipulates them to take their clothes off and takes pictures of them they will be ashamed of." This statement by Rasmussen and another one from model Jamie Peck, have not yet been taken to court, but people are already starting to talk.

I just find it "a little bit ironic, don't ya think" that nudity in fashion is considered art, but when a man working in fashion begins to look at it in a sexual way it becomes a scandal. What about Andy Warhol? He was sometimes considered a "horndog"...I'm just saying.

I apologize for this being controversial or out of the norm for me, just thought I would share my thoughts.

For now...
take care, love Blair

No comments: