Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Golden Gate Experience

And...FALL IS HERE! Although, in Chicago, it is more brisk than everyone would like. However, I will take it! Scarves, leggings, sweaters, and the purple and burgundy trend; I love it all!  

This weekend was the first official weekend of Fall, based on the seasonal calendar system, and with that I am going to work on welcoming in a new attitude. Summer ended in a bit of a hazy fog.  I kicked off summer with a bang and was so excited to get to the beach and take bike rides, etc.  Towards the end of summer I was trending fall so much and looking forward to wearing my new riding boots that I took the last few days for granted.  

As most of you know, I just got back from a trip to San Francisco.  I was invited to attend the Grand Re-Opening of The Men's Store in Union Square in downtown San Fran.  I chose to fly out earlier than needed to do some sightseeing and exploring.  I had never been to SF and was so excited to see what that city had to offer.  

What a trip!  I would love to go back again and visit, however, I don't think it will be by myself again.  Not that it was a bad trip, but there were experiences that I had, that I would love to share with someone else, the next time I go back.  This was my first, true adult vacation.  The city is a great city to visit.  The Golden Gate Bridge is so pretty.  I would love to go bike riding over it the next time as well as take a trip to Napa and Sonoma for an official California Wine Tasting.


Now that I have had some time to reflect on the trip, I am so glad that I took it.  I am also so proud of myself for going out there solo for a couple of days to explore.  During that time I was able to pack in some QUALITY writing time!  Needless to say, my journal is almost halfway done. :)

Planning out my day at a coffee shop in Fisherman's Warf

Back in Chicago and ready to trend fall appropriately, I am excited to see what this season brings.  In just a few more months I will be at my one-year anniversary.  It will be here before I know it. :)  My how time flies.  Enjoy the pictures below! 

For now,
Blair





The entrance to Fisherman's Warf

Alcatraz Prison

Golden Gate Bridge- So pretty

Loved these images

No comments: