Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Random Life I Live



Whenever my friend Mindy comes to visit me in Chicago, she always laughs because she thinks that the most random events happen to me.  Well, as much as I would like to consider myself a normal, mundane person, that is just not the case.  I have to say...I am starting to agree with her. 

The other day I was offsetting my hours for work (had the day off) and was getting ready to walk into Water Tower Place to do a little shopping.  Before I knew it I was stopped by a blonde woman with a clipboard, asking me if I would be willing to be an audience member at The Steve Harvey Show taping tomorrow.  I didn't really know what to say, but considering I had the day off on Thursday as well, I decided to accept her offer.  

Thursday evening around 4pm, I entered the NBC building to attend The Steve Harvey Show.  What an experience.  Given the demographic of the average audience member I stood out like a sore thumb.  Also, I will have you know that when we walked onto the stage to hold the taping, they were playing, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire and Salt-n-Peppa's Push It!  :) I would expect nothing less.  

The taping took 4 hours which is a long time to hold a show.  They will edit that down and it will be a one-hour show.  I ended up sitting beside the coolest girls.  One was a South African Diplomat and the other was a French Ambassador.  It just goes to show that you shouldn't be afraid to go out and attend various activities by yourself because you never know who you will end up meeting.  The funny part about everything was that they just kept asking me about my employee discount with Macy*s or what sales were coming up.  At the end of the day...girls are girls and we love a good sale. 

For now, 
Blair

No comments: