Monday, September 10, 2012

The Weekend Update

So with the chaos that living in a city can bring, I decided to head home this weekend for a relaxing few days with my parents.  The benefits of going home don't even compare to any vacation I could ever take: 

1. Hugs from my momma

2. Morning coffee chats with my poppa

3. Soft water to make my locks nice and shiny

4. Wine, wine, and more wine

5. Naps on my favorite couch


At the New Buffalo Farmer's Market

After a couple great days at home, my parents and I decided to head up to Southern Michigan and explore the various wineries in the area.  The first one that we went to was Founder's Winery in Baroda, MI.  While there, we struck up conversation with the owner and ended up extending our tasting to every bottle they had to offer.  "That was one of the best tastings I've ever had,"-Jana Burkholder

At Founder's Winery


Following Founder's we traveled to Sawyer, MI to get a flight of beer at the Greenbush Brewery.   The flight was delicious.  Split between the three of us, we were able to try 6 different beers. 


 
Our flight


We ended our trip to Pure Michigan with a dinner at Skip's restaurant.  I had a delicious wasabi tuna steak! Yumm!

Overall, the weekend was full of laughter, hugs, and amazing conversation between myself and the parentals.  I am so truly thankful for both of them!!!!  

As my mom puts it, "Remember, you can always go home again!" 

Take Care,
Love Blair

No comments: