Monday, August 30, 2010

And No.1 goes to 
Lea Michelle, Glee

I love this Oscar De La Renta, navy tafeta dress!!!  I love how Lea chose to take a risk by wearing navy to the red carpet and then proceeds to look STUNNING in it.  The ruffles at the bottom accentuate the mermaid cut so well, along with the gathering on her left side.  Very slimming.  However, I would have had her hair pulled back to add sophistication and elegance.

No. 2 goes to...
January Jones, Mad Men

I love how this dress has gotten so many mixed reviews.  It really is one of those love it or hate it kind of dresses.  With it's texturing and very attentive detailing the lights from the red carpet, just sparkled on her.  With Mad Men receiving Best drama I thought it was fitting for her to wear a dramatic dress.  

No. 3 is...

Heidi Klum, Project Runway

Wearing this black mini dress after having 4 children is something most women cannot do.  So props to Heidi for looking INCREDIBLE and pulling off this Marchesa mini!  Absolutely loving her choice of the spiked Christian Loubouitins and Loraine Schwartz jewelry.  Great job Heidi!

No. 4.....

Julie Benz, Dexter

This one-shoulder cut-out dress is amazing.  I love when white is worn to a red carpet event because the white color contrasted with the red carpet stands out so well!  This Pamela Roland dress is so elegant.  The fitted silhouette reminds me of a classic Emmy/Awards dress, but the cut-out on the right hip adds just a touch of trend and edge.

No. 5...

Claire Danes

This dress didn't pop out to me.  Besides the fact that it had Swarovski crystals embodying the entire dress the strapless neckline made it seem like any other dress.  I would have loved to see Claire push the envelope a little more.  However, the dress is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but the neckline was the deal breaker for me.

There you have it...my top 5 Emmy gown choices! Enjoy!

-p2p

No comments: