Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fall's Top Ten

I received an e-mail today informing me on the Top 10 trends of Fall.  Here is the list and my picks for each.  Also, please keep in mind that because I'm a girl on a budget, all the pieces are under $100.  Enjoy.

1. Over-The-Knee Boots (OTK Boots)





















Diba-OTK Boots-$98.00



2. Military

























Twelve by Twelve from Forever21-Military Tipped Sweater-$32.00

I love because I'm not so much a fan of the olive green on me, personally, I like blacks and other neutrals.  I love how this sweater is classic yet trendy.  The military details are great, but the pale pink color and white buttons add for a classic feel. Very me.  :)


3. Lace-up Boots













Madden Girl Sing Sing Bootie- DSW.com- $49.95.

Now THIS is more like it.  I know it's NOT a lace-up but I've never been one for the lace-up boot anyways.  Also, being on a budget I have learned that you sometimes have to modify the trend. Make it work for you, so for me, this strappy buckle shoe is great.  There is still the lacy detail and I love the chunky heel, because walking the streets of New York can be very hard on the shoes.  The foldover is great as well.  By purchasing this shoe I'm killing two birds with one stone!


4. Vintage Details



Forever 21-$9.80                                $4.80


5. Skinny Cords-----ehh....let's not even go there! I'm a curvy girl and the only cords I owned were in high school and since then have been retired!


6. Faux Fur




















Already own a faux fur jacket! :) This is my bf and I looking into each other's eyes before our crush dance. haha...our dates took the picture!


7. Blanket Sweaters

























Love this cardigan from Piperlime.com-LA Made Pearl Cardigan-$77.00


8. Spat Boots (AKA foldover boots)













DSW-Dollhouse Dolle Bootie-$49.95
Love love love!!!


9. Saddie Bags

























Fossil-Piperlime.com $98.00

I am obsessed with this bag.  The wide straps and brushed buckles make for a sturdy bag.  Great for roaming my new city!


10. Feminine Jewels
So I googled feminine jewels and this is what I got:

























However, I already own one of these as well. My grandma passed two down to me. Pictures to come I am currently with a dead camera.
This bracelet is called a slave bracelet.
Hmmm...can we rename this. Ironic that a piece of feminine jewelry is titled slave...

well, these are just some food for thought for fall! MODIFY if you would like... :) I will be!

No comments: