Tuesday, November 23, 2010

2 things


I would have to say that the two interesting things I notice on the daily would be the shoes that people wear and the apartments they live in. 

One of my favorite things to do is get myself lost in a really cool neighborhood.  Two years ago, when I was at FIT, I loved to go to the West Village or Greenwich Village and get lost between Jane St. or Hudson.  I would find the cutest boutiques and see some of the coolest apartments. 

The best is at night when everyone has their lights on and you can see how people decorate and make use of the space they have available to them.  I have stated before that I love Sundays in New York, and for another reason seeing that on Sunday I go to church in the evening.  On my walk to and from the subway I just look at the apartments and think about how everyone is preparing for their workweek ahead of them.  What do other people think about?  What are their Sunday night routines? 

One of my friends likes to find a quote that she can use throughout the week to keep her going.  She finds inspiring quotes and tries to live by them.  Some of her favorites are from Ivanka Trump.  As an influential and powerful woman in business, she has overcome so much.  I recently just got done reading her book, "The Trump Card."  A book all about her life and the obstacles she has had to overcome.  

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, but everyone has a story.  They're all different in their own way.  


No comments: