Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pondering


Today, I spent the day in Starbucks and for any of you that know me, you know that if I’m discovering a new neighborhood or in need of some good thinking, that’s my location of choice.  There is a really cute Starbucks really close to my apt and after ordering my Holiday treat: PSL, the thought process began. 
As I sat there, I was facing the window and was able to get in some prime people-watching time.  Families would be walking and their kids would be riding their bikes in front while the parents would trail briskly behind them. It made me start to miss my own family.  I think it’s so interesting to think about how no matter whom we come across in our daily lives, everyone has a family.  We all come from somewhere.  Some have drama; some don’t.  Some families are big; others are small.  But in the end, each one of us has a mother and a father who love us so much more than we could ever imagine.  It’s so comforting to know that you can always come home if you ever need to.  My own family has reminded me of this time and time again.  As much as I love New York, I am so excited to go home for Christmas, where I will get to spend a blissful 4 days with my family and friends! The time will come and go quicker than I want it to, but I know it will be a great reminder of how big my support system really is.
As Dorothy clicked her heels and stated, “There’s no place like home,” I too am clicking my heels and anxiously awaiting the moment when I get to walk into the house give my mom a huge hug and take a nap on the couch while watching re-runs of “Keeping Up With The Kardashians.”

<3 Blair

2 comments:

Miyan said...

great post, an even greater blog. living overseas has made me appreciate my family even more (if that's even possible), i love people watching as well.


Miyan

www.miyan-overseas.blogspot.com

Blair said...

Thank you so much! I am so happy you enjoy my blog. I've had a lot of fun updating it!!!! I checked out your blog very cute too!!!! Thanks for commenting! ;)

Blair