Saturday, November 27, 2010

I am Thankful for...




For Thanksgiving this year, I decided to spend my time in the city.  Kelly had told me that she was going to be in the city, along with Nicola and Zach, and that they would love to do Thanksgiving all together.  We each took different parts of the dinner and came up with a wonderful, memorable feast.

The day took place in Kelly’s friend’s apartment in Queens.  Kelly decided to take charge of the turkey.  She took the recipe from Food & Wine.com and roasted it with Rosemary, thyme,       carrots, potatoes, and chicken broth.  AMAZING!!!! She did a fantastic job and we each have       leftovers for turkey sandwhiches and turkey soup later this winter.  I was in charge of sides; I chose to make homemade stuffing, sweet potato cassarole, and scalloped corn.  Everyone really enjoyed the food and with stuffing, you could make 3 pans of it and there will still be hardly any leftover.  Nicola and Zach brought the table decorations and desserts! She baked pumpkin cheesecake ramekins that were delicious! I most definitely couldn’t make those!  After a day full of Beverly Hills 90210 re-runs and football, tons of food, great wine, and priceless memories we each were very excited to spend the day together.  We may not have been with our families for this blessed holiday, but I can say that if I had to spend it with people other than my own family, these three people are the lucky ones I would choose.   

Thank you to all three of them.  Without you guys I wouldn't be where I am today.  Thanks again!     

No comments: