Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mr. Moisturizer


SK-II advertisement with Cate Blanchett...;)


Since moving into the city, I started dating again!!! Hooray for lovers. ha.  Well anyways, I recently went on a date with this guy who I met through a friend at work.  So the thing about me is that I can really talk to ANYONE who is willing to take the time to listen to me...the unfortunate thing with this is that the guy thinks that we have a "connection" when really I'm just diggin' the fact that he's willing to put up with my chatter. 

I was excited for the date.  The guy was 28 so I thought I would be going out for drinks with this really mature/posh man.  Well ladies...I'm beginning to think/realize what my mother has been trying to tell me for years, that men are all the same, no matter what their age is.  The date started with him picking me up in his BMW outside of my apartment...now first off...WHO HAS A CAR in Manhattan??? ....seriously?  Anyways, so we got to the restaurant and ordered some drinks and started the "interesting' conversation.  Throughout the date he was REALLY nice and a great guy but there were two things that I noticed.  1.) He LOVES facial moisturizers.  So much that he wanted to discuss the SK-II collection in great detail. 2.) He was really looking for more of a "buddy," someone to hang with rather than someone to date.  I mean the man talked about his love for the Yankees more than I talk about shoes and clothing.

So...needless to say...we won't be going out again anytime soon.  With that being said....I'm still on the market and the search continues on.  :)

For now...
BB

No comments: