Friday, August 12, 2011

The S.M.P.





My one-year is rapidly approaching me and I couldn't be more excited.  I'm currently sitting in a sweet little coffee shop outside of my [new] apartment working on updating my resume for the exciting opportunities that lie ahead of me.  

To start this exciting journey, I re-read my Self Marking Plan that I set in place two years ago.  While reading my SMP, I realized that a lot of what was written into it has already been accomplished. Two years ago I was writing a paper for an internship class that I was required to take at FIT...little did I know that I was writing my future.  I was able to sit with a pen and cross things off.  It's also crazy that now I'm ready to start the next marketing plan for my life.  I say this because as I was reading and nearing the end, I realized that what I listed as my "next steps" were where I am currently at in my career. 

Today, I was able to step up to the plate and really discover what I'm capable of.  It was one of the most refreshing feelings that I have had since moving to New York.  I will never forget the feeling I received upon stepping out of the plane and into the Laguardia airport, only to move in with friends and figure it out.  The lost, hopeful, and driven feeling that I felt is so indescribable and also one of the most refreshing feelings I've ever felt.  Since then my life has taken so many turns and tumbles along the way, but in the end has been a life that I have lived.  It's been completely on my own and fully funded by my own hard earnings.  Every tear that I've shed has been for ME.  

I can't tell you how great that feels.  With my one-year approaching I can only look back on the year and just, "count my blessings."  

Ok...enough for now.

xoxo

No comments: