Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Fabulous Friends

In Times Square after En Vogue
One thing I am truly thankful for are the friendships that I still have between both my high school friends and my college friends.  Two of my friends from high school came out to visit me at the beginning of October.  There are no words to describe how great the weekend was!!!! Mindy and  Jan flew into NYC early Friday morning.  I still had to work so they were able to catch up on some lost sleep and get a bite to eat.  By the time I was done with work they were ready to get up from their nap and we were ready to hit the town!  I had purchased tickets to En Vogue for the evening and then we were going to go out later that night.



Saturday we woke up and had an amazing breakfast at the new Ihop located on 14th street (a little obnoxious but soo worth it).  Central Park was in order for the day and it was even better because my best friend Katie, from FIT who just moved to NY, was able to join us.  The day was perfect! Great weather; amazing memories!

Girl time

Amazing Grilled Cheese at Juniors 
Cheesecake at Junior's in Grand Central Station (Snoop Dog's fav)

Bethesda Fountain

The Boathouse


Fun at FAO Schwartz

Saturday night we met up with our friend Katie


Sunday we went to a fabulous brunch at The Smith on 13th street in the East Village; one of my favs.  After devouring our food we sat at the table and conversed about our favorite parts of the weekend.  You know you have truly amazing friends when you can sit for hours and talk about nothing, listen to country music while getting ready, and laugh constantly for an entire weekend!

Brunch at The Smith
Mindy and Jan, thank you so much for coming to visit.  You were a breath of fresh air in NYC!  I couldn't have asked for a better weekend with better friends!

Here are a few snapshots from the weekend.  

Enjoy...

No comments: