Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Room

A couple weeks ago I had the privilege of having the entire apartment to myself for the whole weekend. I knew that I wanted to eventually paint my room, but never found a weekend to do it, but then when Kelly told me she would be in CT all weekend, I immediately knew I was going to be busy painting. It had been a few months after moving in and the walls were still white from when Kelly lived in it.  Not that white is a bad color, it's just not me.  I'm a very loud and bold person and I have always reflected my energy and personality with my bedroom decor.  This room was a bit of a challenge because I had already previously purchased my dusty eggplant bedding.  

In the end...I decided to go with a deep plum on the back wall and a light purple on all the others.  Fearing that the room would inevitably become a giant grape I chose to accent with my black dresser and add in a taupe for a little contrast.  Living in a railroad apartment I have a set of curtains hanging from above one doorway to the other.  This gives me the illusion of actual privacy and creates a walkway for others in the apartment.  Pictures are below.  I can't even describe how great it feels to finally get my room in order.  I kept putting off the decorating due to lack of funds and energy, but after buckling down and getting it done, I am so thankful for the end result.  It's great to have a place where I can retreat and relax after a long day in the office.

Enjoy the pictures...








No comments: