Saturday, January 15, 2011

Being Bill

Most of you know that I am a big Bill Cunningham fan.  I think he such an interesting complex man that I would absolutely love to meet, someday.  He is not only filled with such positive energy he is also so in tune to fashion.  He has an eye for creativity and an appreciation for unique styles throughout the city.

Last night I became my own Bill Cunningham.  I chose to head to Bergdorf Goodman's for a look at the Spring display cases and new spring erchandise, particularly located on the second floor. If you've ever been to Bergdorf's you know that the 2nd floor carries the designer shoe collections.  Christian Louboutin, Manolo Blahnik, Prada, Chanel, YSL, Lanvin, and Oscar de La Renta, all located on one floor; placed under beautiful department store lighting, adorned with plush couches to match the aesthetic of the collections.  My favorite had to be the Christian Louboutin's with silver spikes poking out of them.  No big deal, just a measly $2545.  That's just a little pocket change!

However, while out and about on 5th I was able to see some really interesting window displays. One of my favorite things to do is head to 5th Ave and analyze and soak up the interesting displays by BG.  They are normally extremely intricate and detailed.  It's just amazing at how inspiring they can be.

The holiday windows are my favorite.  One of which was this one.  

Just look at the amazing detail.  That woman's sailor outfit was made entirely of sequins!  

Here are their Spring Windows!


I have a feeling Spring will be all about the details.  Bold colors, prominent prints, and accessories, accessories, accessories.  



After BG I headed downtown and passed Anthropologie!  Even more impressed!



<3 BnB


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love window displays, especially the whimsical style of anthropologie. wouldn't it be such a fun job to be the creative behind the displays?

-Kendall

Blair said...

At one point I had the opportunity to choose visuals in my career....I just didn't think I had an knack for that industry. I love love love to look at the finished products though!!!