Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thoughts in Motion


As the cool, crisp air awakens my face as I run past the water on this wintery weekend, I begin to think deep into the fact that I am living in New York City, by myself.  Tomorrow I will will wake up and go to work, a job in which I love doing and couldn't be happier with, but one that I didn't have upon my arrival back to the City, and the next day I will write a check addressed to my landlords to pay for this shelter that one calls an apartment.

It's moments like these when I really feel like my move to New York has been an out-of-body experience and I am so blessed to have so much support back home, always telling me "that I could do it."  I always knew that New York City was where I was meant to end up and I had to live here at some point, but I never knew it would have worked out the way it has.

Moving to New York was done subconsciously.  

I still think back to this summer and the moment that I decided that this was actually what I wanted to do. The moment that I actually hit Submit on my computer screen purchasing a one-way ticket.  The moment I realized that moving to New York was going to be in the cards.  It was going to happen!  I can't tell you how many nights I argued with my parents about being able to afford living in New York City.  I just knew it would work out.  I had no idea how, but I knew it was what I had to do and knew that eventually everything was going to be okay.  "How do you think you're going to afford rent and loans and expenses?"  I would just respond with, "I DON'T KNOW. I'll just figure it out when I get there!"  I didn't really ever think about how it was going to work out.  I moved here, started living with and relying on the support of my friends already here, and tried to work hard and find a job.  With the love and support of my NY friends, I did it.  Finally one day I had a job of my own and then a month later had my first apartment.  WOW!!!!

If you ask me today how it happened, I would just say, 'I have NO IDEA."

I moved here with 2 tote bags, 2 suitcases, and 1 really big DREAM  

Just some weekend food for thought for you all! :)
-xoxo Blair

No comments: