Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Weekend Update



I have decided the for 2011 I am going to not only post more often, but each weekend I am going to give a brief update on life in NYC.  Especially because when I was home I found out I had more readers than I thought.  :)

So this past weekend was amazing! It was the first weekend that I completely did everything that I wanted to do.  I started out the weekend hanging out with Kelly and her friends *who have since then become my friends) for drinks at The Hotel on Rivington to meet Kelly's dad and step-mom.  Saturday I wanted to begin with a relaxing yoga class and end the day on 5th Avenue looking at the windows and merchandise coming up for Spring.  I then met up with Kapil for coffee at The Bean.  After some deep and thoughtful writing, one post in, we get a call from our friend Sarah who had extra tickets to Rebel Bingo in the BK.  

The Rebel Bingo ended up being just a crazy Brooklyn rage party in which we chose to leave and the stumbled upon a Thai restaurant where we had the ability to try Lemongrass Tequilla.  Just when I thought Tequila didn't get any better... 

Sunday I went running outside and felt like a horse allowed out of the gated fields.  I ended up running 6 miles and felt better than I had in a long time.  Cleaned the apartment and headed in to the city to meet up with Kapil again, for more writing and a movie.  Tried street falafel for the first time and saw Black Swan! Erie, but soo good.  

Overall, a pretty good weekend.  

Leaving you with blessings for your upcoming week!

-Blair

No comments: