Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snowed In!

For any east-coaster the term "Snowed In" I think has become an understatement.

This past weekend NY, Boston, Philadelphia, DC, and North Carolina all got hit with 11-16 inches of heavy snow and winds.  For me, this was a blessing in disguise!

I came home for Christmas and, being the first time I was able to come home since my move to the big city in August, I was more than excited to step foot into the Indianapolis airport and get into the little red truck to come home.  With a house full of family and friends over the course of three festive days, I was a little bummed knowing that I would have to pick up my things and return back to the city, without having anytime alone with just my brother, mother, and father.  But little did I know God & Mother Nature were teaming up to come to my rescue!  On Saturday night I received a notice saying that my flight for Sunday had been cancelled.  Over the past two days there were a total of 6,000 flights cancelled due to the snow and wind that was part of the Blizzard of 2010.  I wasn’t alone and I was most certainly not upset.  I admit, I did stress a little over not being able to really get caught up at work and have a relaxing week in the office, but the extra time with my family has been well worth the cancellation chaos!!!!!











No comments: